Enjoy a culinary delight with the heavenly Pillsbury gluten free biscuits! These delectable treats are fluffy, warm, and buttery, providing a truly irresistible experience for biscuit enthusiasts.
The best part? You can effortlessly whip them up in the comfort of your own home, tailoring the ingredients to suit your personal taste preferences.
Immerse yourself in the enchanting world of gluten-free baking with our exquisite Pillsbury gluten-free biscuit recipe. With just a handful of ingredients – a packet of Pillsbury gluten-free flour, baking powder, butter, and milk – you’ll have a charming basket of incredibly flaky biscuits ready in no time.
Let’s embark on this culinary adventure and delight in the magical process of creating these mouthwatering Pillsbury gluten free biscuits!
Prepare yourself for a symphony of flavors with our straightforward recipe, meticulously designed to replicate the famous Pillsbury biscuits. In no time at all, you’ll have a batch of biscuits that rival their store-bought counterparts. Here’s how:
Table of Contents
- 2 ½ cups of Pillsbury gluten-free flour
- 1.5 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. sea salt (divided)
- 6 tbsp. cold butter (cut into cubes)
- 1 ¾ cups of buttermilk, plus an extra 2 tbsp.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: the gluten-free flour, ½ tsp. salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Using a fork or pastry blender, incorporate the butter into the dry mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the buttermilk to the mixture and knead it into a smooth dough.
- Sprinkle some flour onto a lightly floured surface and roll out the dough to a thickness of 3/4 inch.
- Cut out twelve 2-inch rounds from the dough and transfer them onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with a touch of buttermilk and sprinkle them sparingly with ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake the biscuits for 15-20 minutes, or until they turn a delightful golden brown.
- Once baked to perfection, remove the biscuits from the oven and allow them to cool slightly before serving.
Now, let’s explore some expert tips to ensure you achieve biscuit perfection:
Pillsbury Gluten Free Biscuits
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowl
- Pastry cutter or fork
- Rolling pin (optional)
- 2 cups Pillsbury Gluten Free Multi-Purpose Flour Blend
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- Preheat the Oven:Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- Mix the Dry Ingredients:In a mixing bowl, whisk together the Pillsbury Gluten Free Multi-Purpose Flour Blend, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- Cut in the Butter:Add the chilled and cubed unsalted butter to the dry ingredients. Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. The mixture should have pea-sized pieces of butter throughout.
- Add the Milk:Pour in the milk and mix until the dough comes together. The dough will be slightly sticky but manageable.
- Shape the Biscuits:Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface (you can use extra gluten-free flour for dusting) and gently pat it into a circle or rectangle, about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. If the dough is too sticky, you can sprinkle a little more flour on top.
- Cut the Biscuits:Use a biscuit cutter or a drinking glass with a floured rim to cut out biscuits from the dough. Press straight down and lift, avoiding twisting the cutter, as this can prevent the biscuits from rising properly.
- Place on Baking Sheet:Transfer the cut biscuits onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving a small space between each one.
- Bake the Biscuits:Bake the biscuits in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until they are golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Serve:Remove the biscuits from the oven and let them cool slightly on a wire rack. Serve warm with your favorite toppings, such as butter, jam, or honey.
5 Tips for Preparing Perfect Pillsbury Gluten Free Biscuits
- Keep a close eye on the biscuits during the baking process to prevent overcooking. Start checking them at the minimum baking time and monitor them closely, as just one minute can make a significant difference.
- After removing the biscuits from the oven, transfer them to a cooling rack. Leaving them on the baking sheet for too long may cause them to harden or stick. To prevent this, use a spatula to lift them gently.
- To determine if the biscuits are fully cooked, they should be firm and slightly browned on the top. When lightly touched with a finger, there should be no imprint left behind.
- For added convenience, you can prepare the biscuits ahead of time and freeze them. Simply place the unbaked, cut biscuits on a baking sheet, freeze for approximately 30 minutes, transfer them to a storage container, and freeze until you’re ready to bake. When cooking, bake the frozen biscuits for 15 to 20 minutes at 450°F.
- To maintain the biscuits’ freshness, store them in an airtight container once they have completely cooled. You can even freeze them for up to 6 months. When ready to serve, thaw the frozen biscuits covered at room temperature for 2-3 hours.
If you’re looking to cater to a vegan lifestyle, fear not! You can easily create a vegan version of these biscuits by using vegan butter and dairy-free milk.
The result is equally divine.
Vegan Version of Pillsbury Gluten-Free Biscuits
Let your culinary creativity shine with these delectable Pillsbury gluten free biscuits. Here are some tantalizing recipe variations to elevate your biscuit experience:
- Add an extra tablespoon of butter and minced garlic for a savory twist.
- Drizzle the biscuits with honey for a touch of natural sweetness.
- Infuse your favorite herbs, such as thyme and rosemary, to infuse the biscuits with delightful flavors.
- Mix cinnamon and brown sugar into the batter for an indulgent, sweeter variation.
Now, let’s delve into the nutritional information for these delightful Pillsbury gluten free biscuits:
Nutritional Details of Pillsbury Gluten-Free Biscuits
- Calories: 90 kcal
- Total fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Trans fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 330mg
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Dietary fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 2g
- Potassium: 51mg
- Thiamine: 12mg
- Vitamin B12: 1mg
- Riboflavin: 8mg
- Vitamin A: 357 IU
- Vitamin D: 11mg
- Calcium: 273mg
- Iron: 2mg
The Pillsbury gluten-free biscuits are a delightful, wholesome, and effortlessly prepared treat. Embrace the joy of homemade baking and savor the incredible flavors that await you.
Our recipe guarantees both simplicity and satisfaction, making it the perfect choice for biscuit enthusiasts seeking a gluten-free option.
Unleash your inner chef, follow our easy-to-follow instructions, and embark on a culinary journey that will leave you craving these delectable biscuits time and time again.
You can also check these out: