You’re here because you want to know how long to bake sweet potato fries, right? Welcome.
Sweet potatoes are a nutritional powerhouse, packed with vitamins, fiber, and minerals.
And when it comes to enjoying these vibrant root vegetables, homemade sweet potato fries take the spotlight. Not only are they incredibly easy to make, but they also surpass the taste of any restaurant’s version.
The best part? These fries are baked, not fried, which means they are healthier and require only a few simple steps.
So, how long to bake sweet potato fries to achieve that perfect combination of crispiness and tenderness?
Normally, it takes about 30 minutes in the oven, but the thickness of your sweet potato wedges plays a role in determining the exact cooking time. To ensure even cooking, aim for uniform cuts.
Now, let’s dive into a revamped recipe that will make your taste buds dance with delight: This should help us answer the question: “how long to bake sweet potato fries?”
Table of Contents
Irresistible Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 people
Calories: 319 kcal
- Two large sweet potatoes
- Three tablespoons of soybean or vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Cornstarch (for added crispiness)
How Long to Bake Sweet Potato Fries —
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and position the rack in the top part of the oven. Grease a baking sheet to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato wedges with the oil until lightly coated.
- Sprinkle in the salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Mix everything together, ensuring each piece is evenly coated with oil and spices.
- Arrange the sweet potato wedges on the greased baking sheet, making sure they aren’t overcrowded.
- Bake for 15 to 25 minutes, flipping the fries occasionally after the first 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them as cooking times may vary based on your oven’s temperature and the thickness of the fries. Higher temperatures will result in shorter cooking times.
- Once the fries reach your desired level of tenderness and golden brown perfection, remove the pan from the oven and let it rest on a rack.
- Sprinkle the fries with a touch of salt to enhance their flavor.
Allow the fries to cool for about five minutes. This brief moment helps them crisp up a bit more before serving.
Pro Tips for the Best Sweet Potato Fries
- Cut the sweet potatoes into evenly sized wedges, approximately ¼ inch thick. This consistency ensures they cook uniformly without becoming over- or undercooked.
- Soak the cut sweet potato fries in cold water for 30 minutes before baking. This step enhances crispness by removing starch and preventing it from turning soggy.
- Coat the fries with cornstarch for an extra layer of crispiness. Toss them with dry seasonings like black pepper, smoked paprika, and garlic powder for added flavor.
- Hold off on adding salt until the end. This prevents sogginess and allows the salt to enhance the fries’ taste.
- Consider using parchment paper to prevent sticking and promote optimal crispiness. Make sure the paper can withstand the oven’s heat (425 degrees F) or alternatively, use a greased baking sheet.
What to Serve with Baked Sweet Potato Fries
While sweet potato fries are undoubtedly delicious on their own, they also pair wonderfully with various side dishes. The natural sweetness of the fries can be beautifully complemented by additional flavors, creating a multifaceted and satisfying meal.
If you’re wondering how long to bake sweet potato fries, here’s how to go about it, starting with other foods to serve with it.
Here are some delightful serving suggestions:
- Sandwiches like roasted vegetable pesto panini
- Mango salsa
- Salad accompanied by fries
- Mashed potatoes
- Dipping sauces
- Calories: 319 kcal
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Sodium: 303mg
- Potassium: 604mg
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 3g
- Vitamin A: 485%
- Vitamin C: 5mg
- Calcium: 57mg
- Iron: 1mg
Sweet potato fries offer a delightful balance of crunch and flavor. By following our revamped recipe and incorporating the expert tips, you’ll achieve fries that are perfectly crispy, tender, and bursting with taste.
Feel free to experiment with various side dishes to create a memorable and delicious meal that you and your loved ones will savor time and time again. With this, I hope I’ve been able to adequately answer your question: “how long to bake sweet potato fries?”
You can also check these out: